Top row, from left:
1. Improvise (inscribed “Fuck it! – Mick Napier”)
2. Burrito, the Official Food of Improvisers
3. Christmas gift (came with Portlandia DVD)
4. Because sometimes a photo booth is more fun than an iPhone
5. Kinder Egg Franken-toy made from two figurines
6. Nug Nahrgang’s Instagram feed
7. High-end U-lock key for piece-of-crap bike
8. Profits from show (split three ways)
9. Business card – Bam!
10. USB with Piñata Full of Bees
11. DIY guitar pick
12. Gum (for post-burrito green room politeness)
13. Old timey postcard for sending message from the past
14. Emergency toothpicks/Christmas gift igniter
15. Jetstream rollerball
16. Best. Show. Ever.
17. DCM wristband
18. Hipster room key
19. Master Class notes
20. Koosh ball
21. Lucky dollar bill from CIF
22. Deodorant (for rehearsals)
What’s in yours?
Love your knapsack idea! And the title of this blog. Do you know about the book IMPROV WISDOM? It’s not mainly about performance but about how improv is also a life strategy. You might enjoy it. Best wishes
Hi Patricia, thanks for stopping by. We have indeed read your book, and have given copies as gifts. As one of our oldest comedy friends says, “Improv lessons are life lessons.”
Oh WONDERFUL. I am honored that you’ve given the book as a gift. Happy to be on your radar. Looks like you are doing great things. I borrowed your Vedic quote for Facebook. Thanks.